Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Time Robbers....dun, dun, dunnnnn!

Welcome to this week's episode of Time Robbers brought to you by Procrastinators Tools-you need 'em, we'll eventually get around to getting them to you.

I was thinking about things that rob our time. 24 hours in every day. I would say that it is one of the most common complaints I hear. I hear it everywhere. I use it myself. "I'm too busy." "I don't have time." I need more hours in the day."
But what amount of time are we wasting? Not even wasting--just using for something less productive. There are reports out all the time about the amount of time business people spend on Facebook, online gaming and other social media. Maybe it's the sports page, maybe it's the stocks, or maybe it's something even seedier. It may be a nice day out and you just want to get away. Bottom line is that there are tons of things that can distract us from our appointed tasks.

There is a plan and purpose for each hour or every day. Does that mean we are a slave to a clock? NO! But what it does mean is that we should make the most of every minute and be diligent in pursuit of fulfilling our purpose.

Take a look at your day and see where you can repurpose time. See where you can trim the fat. Chart your day in a notebook if need be--and see where you lose (interpret as waste and otherwise throwaway) your majority of time. Take those areas and make the push to regain control of that time. Repurpose--I'm not sure if that's a word or not but it is my word of the day now. If not already a word I will take credit for it. Feel free to use it.

Figure out what really matters and do that. Find the joy and purpose in every day. Live life to the fullest. Don't miss opportunities to love, laugh, forgive and make friends.

Take back your time.

Keep the first thing first.



2 comments:

Leasa said...

Very good and thought provoking!

Amber said...

I read this earlier and it gave me a couple of ideas. The first one was for myself. The second idea is for something creative I'm planning.