Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thoughts on "I'll pray for you."

Hi again,
2 posts in one day. This one has really been banging around in my head for several days and I want to get it out there. It will be short and sweet and hopefully will be both an encouragement and challenge to all of us.

It has to d with people asking us to pray for them or with them about a particular issue and we say with honorable intentions..."I'll pray for you." How many of us have let it slip though? How many times have we fully intended to pray for someone and just lost track of it, forgot it or just didn't take the time to do it. I have and I'd be willing to say most people have.

This came up in a situation with me recently and God prompted me to go ahead and pray with that person right then.
God then showed me these brief but powerful truths that I have taken and tried to put into practice.
1. If someone asks about praying for a need--do it now.
-Why wait? Strike while the iron is hot. Pray for the need now. Believe God together now.
2. If you will do this you have the power of 2 and the bible says in Matthew 18:19 if 2 will agree on anything they ask for...it will be done for them by the Father. Take advantage of the power of 2.
3. It will be an encouragement to the person you are praying with. They will have confidence that you will pray for them because you have prayed for them. Confidence is huge in dealing with people. I always want people to know that I will pray for/with them and I like praying for/with them.
4. It will be an encouragement and blessing to you. You will know that you did what Jesus would do. You took time to help and encourage someone. The joy of seeing the desired result is priceless.

Pray with confidence right now for someone you know has a need. God will hear you and will give you what you asked of Him. Unlike other things--results do not vary (God always comes through) and results are definitely guaranteed (by the blood of Jesus and the resurrection). No way to fail. That is awesome.

Keep the first thing first.



0 comments: