Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Gospel according to Axl...huh?

Catchy title, right?
I was thinking about the ever present question--where do we go now?

Every leader must face it almost on a daily basis.
What direction for my business?
What products do we back?
What investments do we make?
What personnel do we hire? invest in? let go?

Back to the title. My mind works a little like a roulette wheel and a kaleidoscope. Thoughts, phrases, music, pictures, and ideas all swirl around the wheel until one drops in the slot. Then the kaleidoscope takes over and colors it with associations that on the surface seem strange but they tie me to the idea and help me not only remember it but develop it.

So, this is where the gospel according to Axl comes in. The phrase that dropped in the slot was of course---where do we go now? (In reference to every area of life right now.) As the kaleidoscope pressed into action guns-n-roses violently attached itself to the thought. Now with guitars wailing, drums pounding, bass driving and Axl screaming it becomes---where do we go now, ba-nu-ba-nu-nu-na-whe-e-e-e-re-re do we go now-no-no-no-no-no-no-now--sweet chi-ild--sweet chi-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-eld of mi-e-ine!!!!! Phlumpt!

Thus my thought process on this occassion. Laugh if you must but now that song is cycling around your brain and it's gonna be a while before it leaves. Maybe I get the last laugh...on second thought we'll just laugh together--it does a body good.

My conclusion you may ask is to do what any good leader does--move forward-press on.
There is no retreat, there is no surrender!

Paul a dude who had been through some bad stuff and had done some rotten things put it like this:
Phil 3:13-14ish-"But here is the one thing I do. I forget what is behind me. I push hard toward what is ahead of me. I move on toward the goal to win the prize. God has appointed me to win it."
Go on to the things that lie ahead. Leave the past behind.

In Luke 13 Jesus was travelling and doing great things for people and he talks about pressing on.
"At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, “Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you.”
He replied, “Go tell that fox, ‘I will keep on driving out demons and healing people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.’ In any case, I must press on today and tomorrow and the next day."

In Luke chapter 8 the woman with the bleeding issue "pressed in" to Jesus and got results after countless years of failed attempts.

Not to mention in 2 Cor 4--it talks about being pressed on every side but not crushed. Being confused, confounded and bewildered but not despairing.
This reminds me of the time in Star Wars when they were in the trash compactor with all of the sides closing
in---um, nevermind.

To sum it up...no matter the circumstances or situations in our lives. The only God thing to do is to move forward, press ahead, and keep going.
We have work to do and a prize to get. God has appointed us to win!
Focusing on the past and the things we coulda, shoulda, woulda done differently will do nothing but tether us to post of stagnation, defeat and regret. In Him we live, and move and have our being.

Move...
Forward...

Keep spreading the Word and doing the works of Jesus...sweet chi-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-eld of mi-e-ine!!!!!!

Living In The Zone

2 comments:

Amber said...

Here is where my mind went.
After I read this it goes from sweet child of mine into "You are a child of mine. Born of my own design.'

A Mighty Yawp said...

Thanks for the thought Amber. Mind surfing at it's best. Woooahhhhhhha!